Introducing our New Viridity-Kote HC Acid Etch finish Water Based Coating for Decorative Glass
We are thrilled to announce the introduction of our exclusive Acid Etch finish Water Based coating for decorative glass applications.
Offering all of the appearance benefits of the Acid Etch or “Frosted” finish without the cost and toxic component of an Acid Etch process. This coating is also known as translucent paint for glass.
This Acid Etch Water Based Coating can contribute to the accumulation of LEED credits.
Acid Etch Coating Applications
Traditional uses of Acid Etch glass in residential and commercial applications is to provide privacy. The translucent finish obscures images from one side of the glass to the other.
The architectural community have discovered that Acid Etch glass is useful in controlling direct and indirect sun glare.
The nature of Acid Etch glass is to diffuse or spread the sunlight over a larger area.
Designers have learned that our Acid Etch water based coating absorbs light instead of reflecting light which can create sun glare conditions or eye irritation.
Some notable applications are:
- Swing and Sliding Doors
- Ground level residential and office windows
- Restroom or bathroom windows
- Office partitions and screens
- Curtain wall sun glare control
- Skylight sun glare control
- Balustrades and stairway railings
- Exterior entrance canopies
- Bird friendly glass
Benefits of Water Based Acid Etch Glass Paint
The benefits of our Acid Etch Back Painted Glass coating is astounding and offers a dozen great reasons to adopt this product.
- Outstanding adhesion to all glass types
- Water based, non-flammable, low-odor
- VOC level “Near Zero” only 7gm per litre
- Eliminates regulatory VOC, fire and storage restrictions
- Warm water and soap wash-up
- Fast drying and cure times
- Excellent film hardness
- Compatible with industry standard adhesives (once cured)
- Chemical and solvent resistant
- Suitable for Interior and Exterior applications
- Hand spray and machine spray compatible
Bird Friendly Glass
In his 1990 papers “Bird injuries, cause of death, and recuperation from collisions with windows” and “Collisions between birds and windows: mortality and prevention”, Dr. Klem calculated that between 100 million and 1 billion birds are killed, annually, in the United States alone, by flying into windows.Dr. Daniel Klem Jr,
Birds need glass to appear as a barrier. The visual system birds need is to create a pattern that helps birds see the glass.
Simple 1″ (2.5cm) wide strip patterns spaced 4″ (10 cm) apart have been tested and outlined here by Wikihow.
Call or contact GPT today for more information on our Water Based Acid Etch decorative glass coating.